Preposition Of Time and Place 3x Test

preposition-of-place 

To learn about preposition of time and place before taking this exam,look up this.Click here

Simple preposition rule reminder:

1.If the person/object is somewhere that has a volume,we use “in”,like- I’m in my room.

2.If the person/object is “touching” somewhere that has a surface,we use “on”,like –I sat on the floor.

3.If the person/object is somewhere that is not definite ,we use “at”,like-I’m at the school.

4.If the person/object is moving,we use “from” for starting position,”to” for end position-I’m going to school.

Test1:

I was reading [a]____ my room.My reading table is [b]____the right corner of my room.I keep my notebooks [c]____the table.When I was sitting [d]____the chair some notebooks fell[e]____ the table.

Ans:

[a]in [b]at [c]on [d]onto/on [e]off

Test2:

I believe I can finish the job [a]____time.But I am [b]____my car.I have to be present [c]____my office to do the job.I’m now going [d]____my office.It is [e]____ the far end of the city.

Ans:

[a]in [b]in [c]at [d]to [e]at

Test3:

I woke up [a]____the middle of the night.There was a guy [b]____my room.He was standing [c]____my bedside.He looked [d]____me.His feet was not [e]____ the floor.

Ans:

[a]in [b]in [c]at [d]at [e]on

If you want more explanation,leave your question “at” the comment.

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form