Narration:Test 1


1.The general, addressing his mutinous troops said, “You have brought disgrace

upon a famous regiment. If you had grievances, why did you not lay them before your

own officers? Now you must first suffer punishment for your offence, before your complaints can be heard.”

The general told his mutinous troops that they had brought disgrace upon a famous regiment. If they had grievances, why had they not laid them before their own officers? Now they must suffer punishment for their offence before their complaints could be heard.
2.“Curse it!” exclaimed the driver. “Who could have foreseen such ill-luck? But for accident we should have caught the train easily.”

The driver exclaimed with an oath that nobody could have foreseen such ill- luck. But for the accident they would have caught the train easily.
3. ‘I’ll pay for it,’ he said. ‘I broke it, I brought the exe down careless.’ ‘But no one hits accurately every time, Jerry. Moreover, the fault was in the wood of the handle. I’ll see the man who I have bought it from,’ I told him.

Later!
4. I said to old man, “What are you doing?” “I am watching the boys swimming in the pond,” he said. “How happy they are! May Allah bless them.” “Let me sit by you and enjoy the scene.” I said.

Later!
5. "Have you ever been to Cox's Bazar?" asked Mobarak. "No, I have never gone there," replied Linkon. "But I long for visiting the place." "I had an opportunity to visit the sea beach last year," said Mobarak. "How charming the scenery is!"

Mobarak asked Linkon if he (L) had ever been to Cox's Bazar. Linkon replied in the negative and said that he (L) had never gone there. But he (L) added that he longed for visiting the place. Then Mobarak said that he had had an opportunity to visit the sea-beach the previous year. Mobarak also exclaimed with surprise that the scenery was very charming.
6. "Will you buy my hair?" asked Della. "I buy hair," said Madam. "Take your hat off and let us have a sight at the looks of it" "Twenty dollars," said Madam. "Give it to me quick," said Della.

Della asked Madam if she would buy her hair. Madam replied that she bought hair. Then Madam told her to take her hat off and suggested that they should have a sight at the looks of it. Madam proposed/ whished to give twenty dollars. Della requested her (Madam) to give it to her quickly.
7. "Jim darling," cried Della. "Don't look at me this way. I had my hair cut off and sold it because I could not have lived through Christmas without giving you a present. I just had to do it, say Merry Christmas, Jim and let's be happy."
Addressing Jim as darling Della cried and forbade him to look at her that way. Then she said that she had her hair cut off and sold that because she could not have lived through Christmas without giving him a present. She also said that she just had to do that and told Jim to say Merry Christmas and proposed that they should be happy.
Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form